The handwriting is on the wall, on your bathroom window, on the road signs as you travel, and certainly in your Bible! Now is the time! "What do I do? Where do I start?" You ask. I repeat, "Start with what's in your hands!"
1. Get a pen and pad to create your "vision book."
2. Write the vision, and make it plain (See Habakkuk 2).
3. Write down the steps you believe need to be made to bring it to fruition.
4. Find an accountability partner or team. Surround yourself with people who will stretch you and
support your vision.
5. Rid yourself of all distractions, negative thoughts, people, and practices.
6. Prioritize the steps in short term and long term categories.
7. Give yourself specific dates or benchmarks to complete each step.
(You'll find a development of other shorter or longer tasks to complete as the vision becomes clearer.
Be sure to write them down.)
8. Schedule times to meet with your accountability team to report progress.
9. Ask your team for feedback AND CONSIDER THEIR INPUT.
10. Commit to yourself that you will give it all you've got for thirty days, and share your story with us, and others.
Be honest with yourself and your team. Take the time and really do the work. Don't quit when it gets rough. You will make a catch that will exceed your expectations.
Pastor E. Barber
Creative Media Solutions Designed for You
Emery Barber Pastors Shepherd's House OBC, East-NY Brooklyn with his wife Stephanie, Co-Founder of FaithWorks Christian Fellowship, Int'l, the Media Director of EBCreativeMedia.com Solutions, and author of BeCreative!, Strategy for a New Beginning, Everblessed Psalms of the Lord, and co-author of Words of Faith. Contact him for public speaking engagements, or consultation on your next creative media project or training seminar.